Saturday, November 8, 2008

Children's Book of the Month


I decided it would be fun to do a children's book of the month. For November, I chose "If You Give A Cat A Cupcake" by Laura Joffe Numeroff, illustrated by Felicia Bond. These two also wrote the original "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie." These books are so cute. I just think the story is cute and the illustrations are darling. N instantly loved this the first time we read it and we've read it every night before bed for about a week. This is the first of the "If You Give A..." books I've read him, so I'm excited to read more of them to him.

Any fun books you've read to your kids lately or is there one you've had forever that your kids never tire of? Please share! I never know what to get when we go to the library, so it helps to have specific books in mind.

P.S.- If you have something fun you did with your kids you want to share, please do. It's not too late.

4 comments:

Little Miracle said...

I got Bradley a new book for a baptism gift. It's a Max Lucado called If I Only Had A Green Nose. I love it!!! It is a book about facing and dealing with peer pressure.

Marianne said...

I think I've read that. It is a good one. I love Max Lucado.

Sharlee said...

My favorite books are Mercer Meyer books. I love the Bernstein Bears books too. My kids liked random books. I used to pick up books at yard sales and there are two that, for some reason, they just loved: Giant John and Bug City. They are both from the 70's so who knows if libraries even carry them. Jonah loves "If you give a Moose a Muffin" .

schlenskefamily said...

For 2 and 3 year olds, they love "The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear" You think I would know the author because I've read it a bazillion times, but I don't and I am too lazy to look through the gigantic stack of books now. Older kids like it too, they just don't beg you to read it 10 times in a row. Another great book to teach about seasons is "Park Beat" by Jonathon London.