Thursday, June 11, 2009

cookie day

This is an idea that I thought sounded fun. Every Wednesday my sister-in-law would make a new cookie recipe to try. So I handed Bradley my copy of Best of Country Cookies (a Taste of Home publication) and a post it pad. He went through and placed a sticky note on every cookie that he wanted to try. So we will decide each week which one to make, and pick up any ingredients from the store we don't have on hand. I will have Bradley take an active part in preparing the dough and baking it. Bradley hasn't had much interest in the happenings of the kitchen, so this might help him learn his way around a little better. Here are just a few of the cookies on the list:

sugar cookies
snow-topped chocolate mint cookies
final exam brownies
double butterscotch cookies
lemon poppy seed slices
peanut butter jumbos
double chocolate sprinkle cookies
quick chocolate sandwich cookies (home-made oreos)

We will start next week. I will follow up with photos and recipes.

If you want to do this too, make sure you have plenty of cold milk on hand for dunking.

** One thought to help with all the cookies that would be around tempting the parents to eat them is to choose someone in your family or neighborhood to share them with each week.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I love it Tami! Noah would definitely love this activity. So would I (maybe too much- my neighbors will have to get LOTS of cookies). Thanks for posting!

Kim said...

That's a fun idea. I would like to do something like that as well. I need to get my kids cooking more.