Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Puzzle Activity for FHE Lesson

This week for FHE I used Lesson #25 "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" in the Behold Your Little Ones Manual. I followed the lesson as outlined, but I did add my own little twist that I thought I'd share.

For an activity, I used the coloring picture they provide. I colored it myself beforehand and cut the picture out into four puzzle pieces: "I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" quote, Jesus, Joseph Smith with quote, and scriptures with quote. Then, on the back of each puzzle piece I wrote down a song to go along with it:

"I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints"
"I Am a Child of God"
"We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet"
"Search, Ponder, and Pray."
Before laying down each piece, we sang the song that went with it. I think Noah really liked this activity. It turned out to be a fun, simple addition to this lesson that helped drive home the meaning of it.
Just thought I'd share it.

No comments: