This is what N and I did today for a craft/activity. It was easy, quick, and fun. Here's how we did it:
- construction paper: green for tree, brown for stump, colors of your own choice for ornaments, and blue for the background
- Elmer's glue
- I drew a big triangle on the green paper and had N cut it out. This teaches them how to use their fine motor skills. N used to really struggle at cutting specific shapes, but he's improving.
- Do the same for the stump
- Glue the stump and tree on the blue paper.
- Cut out or tear small shapes for the ornaments. (We would have had more on ours but N didn't want to do anymore)
- Draw a zig-zag down the tree with the Elmer's glue, then immediately sprinkle your glitter over the glue making sure the glue is well covered.
- Let dry completely - put it some place where it won't be bothered
- When dry, pour excess glitter off of picture. You're done! Now your tree has pretty glittery tinsel.
*Tip: It might be easier to just use glitter glue instead of loose glitter and Elmer's glue